Saturday, September 08, 2007

Day +430 : Finally, the father of detoxification landed in court (2)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

I purchased three of his four books.

After I was sick, I examined the book again and discovered that the quality of his writing was far inferior to what we expected from a professor's writing. The book gave many healing testimonies and some of them were simply a note saying that “I am happy to know this detoxification approach” or “I am happy to attend this talk” which in no way should be included as healing testimonies. A person who earned a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and carries a professor title should be well aware of the fact that including those notes into the book to make the list of healing testimonies longer is no different from committing a fraud :-(

This father of detoxification earned his Doctor of Philosophy in Oriental Medicine Research Advancement (Ph.D.) from a distance learning university from American Global University (美国环球大学东方医学博士). All courses offered by the university including Ph.D of Oriental Medicine Research Advancement are not accredited at all.

Only after a laborious “treasure hunt”, I found the following disclaimer in tiny font size at the bottom of one of the web page:

“American Global University is licensed by the State of Wyoming under Wyo. Stat. 21-2-401 through 21-2-407. Neither the Department of Education nor the State Board of Education has accredited or endorsed any course of study being offered by the university. American Global University is not accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, the Council on Higher Education Accreditation, or any other recognized accrediting agency.”

If you would like to be as busy body as me, try to find the above “treasure” (disclaimer) on the web site http://www.americanglobalu.edu/. Let me know how much time you spend to spot the “treasure” :-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brother David,

I had to admit that I did believe this Prof. before. In fact I am also one of the fist group people attended his 3D2N training at Malaysia few years ago. He really 'ken' (hebat). He alone can control the whole 3D2N training and all of us felt 'very good' of his course. But the 3D2N cost RM1688!.

I am waiting your brother Richard teleconversation record with the scammer.

After saw your Day 427 bog 2 days ago, I am my wife very surprise about this RM4 test. I told her I will try this 'magic' during CNY at my hometown. Everybody will very surprise too.

Best regards,

Kuok Chai

Note: Please help me to delete previous massage if I had sent it. Thanks

David said...

Dear Kuok Chai,

Thank you for your feedback. I remembered once you told me about this. This is the typical capability of a motivational speaker. They would make you feel good (even 飘飘然) no matter what topic they present :-)

I will post Richard's conversation with the scammer very soon. It is incredible! I need to find a host first as blogger.com does not hold audio files.

Yes, the experiment is so interesting. My brother Richard is also intrigued by this experiment, and I believe he would expand the experiment to come out something more fantastic, as what he always did in the kampong :-)

Best Regards and God bless,

David