Monday, September 17, 2007

Day +439 : A first ever blood donation campaign of the church

I am fine today.

My church organized its first ever blood donation campaign last Saturday. There were about 50 people turned up for the event. According to Pastor, the hospital appreciated the church very much for organizing the campaign as the blood bank is always lacking of blood supply during the Ramadan (Muslims fasting month).

I donated blood many times before and I am totally “banned” from donating blood again after I was diagnosed with Leukaemia. My last blood donation was in the year 2005, not long before I was diagnosed with Leukaemia.

I accompanied my wife to donate blood on that day. This was her second time donating blood :-) She had her first blood donation in the year 2005 together with me. It was consider a breakthrough for her :-)

My lovely brave wife was donating blood.

The precious life-saving blood.
I received numerous blood transfusions throughout my Leukaemia treatment. I really appreciate these blood donation warriors who are willing to share their blood with those in needs. Their kind act managed to save many lives.

See you next post :-)

No comments: