Thursday, September 06, 2007

Day +428 : A wonderful lesson for the telephone scammer

I am fine today.

Few days ago, a Chinese newspaper reported that a man fell prey into telephone scam and lost RM1,700,000.

On the same day, my brother Richard brought me a series of recording that recorded his telephone conversation with the scammer. Based on the slant, I realize that the scammers are from China, but operating from Hong Kong.

They contacted Richard and congratulated him for winning RM120,000, but in order for him to withdraw the money, he needed to bank in some fee to a bank account which surprisingly is a local Maybank account.

Richard was one of the most naughty and playful boy in the kampong :-) When he received the call from the scammer, he was very happy, not because of the amount of money that he was promised, but because he found someone to play with :-)

He started to beat around the bush with the scammer, and skillfully made up many stories to make the scammer believed that he was working very hard to bank in the fee.

I believe not many people can have such a quick mind under the situation – conversing with the cunning international scammer.

When listening to the recording, I would say that Richard is more “cunning” than the cunning scammer. I could not refrain myself from laughing while listening to the recording. Finally, the cheater get cheated :-)))

The recordings are definitely a fun to listen. I would publish them later for you to enjoy :-)

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya, ya. pls publish it. Would like to hear how a scammer being scammed! It was on the headlines news recently here to too in S'pore, and quite a lot ppl get fall into the trap.