Sunday, September 02, 2007

Day +424 : A success without effort? (1)

I am fine today.

My niece who studies computer science has difficulty in C++ programming subject. She came to my house from her Malacca campus this weekend. When I enquired about the subject, she said it is too difficult for her to comprehend the subject.

“Do you read any book on C++ programming?” I asked.

“No. The book costs RM70.”

No wonder she could not master the subject. Unless her lecturer is very skillful in explaining the subject, else there is no way for her to understand the subject just by reading the lecture notes. I wonder how she was willing to spend hundreds Ringgit Malaysia (RM) for cosmetic products, but reluctant to spend RM70 for an essential programming book for her study.

I told her I did not have a chance to learn C++ programming, but I once earned a living through C++ programming.

“My mother says you are brilliant, not many people can be like you,” she responded.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: