Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Day +434 : Attending Microsoft Tech.Ed SEA 2007 the third time

I am fine today.

After the nurse drew my blood on Monday morning, I rushed to Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) to attend Microsoft Tech.Ed SEA, a Microsoft’s premier and largest annual conference in the South East Asia region, focuses on the about to release products and technologies of the company. The four days event cost RM1,299 per delegate, but the early birds need to pay RM599 only :-)

I guess there are more than 2000 delegates from all over SEA countries attending the events and the biggest crowd was of course from Malaysia :-) You see, just my company along sent 8 delegates to the conference.

Among the technologies that were presented are Windows Server 2008, SQL server 2008, Windows Sharepoint 2007, Visual Studio 2008, Sliverlight, and many .NET related technologies such as Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Work Flow Foundation etc. It seems that Microsoft is jumping into many new fields in an effort to gain its competitiveness; they even provide tools for games and robotics applications development in which the express version can be downloaded free of charge :-)

I started to attend Tech.Ed SEA in 2003 and 2004. The event was shifted to Singapore in 2005 and I was unable to attend the event in 2006 because I was sick. I am very happy that I could attend Tech.Ed SEA 2007. The next year conference is confirmed to be held in Malaysia again and I am sure I will be attending the event again :-)

I let my nephew Heng Chiek to attend the last two days conference (today and tomorrow). He just needs to wear my name tag to gain entry into the conference halls and to enjoy the delicious lunch. With this, there are two David Ting for today and tomorrow – one in the office and one in the KLCC :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: