Monday, August 02, 2010

Day +1489 : Three years' jail term for Father of Detoxification

I am fine today.

I learned from Sin Chew Daily that the Father of Detoxification was sentenced to three years' jail term for fraudulence.

I blogged about him more than a thousand days ago when he was charged. The legal process has been lengthly to arrive at the sentence.

The related blog entries that I have posted were as follow:
It is a pity that one with such a talent shall end up in the jail. This should serve as a warning to those who practices the same.

The news (Click to have a larger view)
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Seu Chuong said...

Dear David,
I also read his first book in 2003.I ate the local sweet potatoes as supplementary food. The effect was quite good for general health. I did not read the whole book and followed all his advices as some ( or many) of them are not convincing. Normally I do not quite trust the chinese health books completely... the chinese official CCTV and health authority also warn the general public that many such 'medical books' are not written by physicians and their treatment methods are in conflict with one another. The books are just being compiled from various sources. So we must be careful when we buy and use their treatment methods and prescriptions. So, take maximum caution.

David said...

Dear Seu Chuong,

I do believe eating the local sweet potatoes is good for health :-) I did eat a lot as breakfast after reading his book. I believe many others also did this. At that time, the price of the local sweet potatoes shoot up drastically and we even had difficulty getting it from the market. You can see how influential was he at that time. He was invited to speak in the church and also in the Chinese radio program. It is very unfortunate that he did it so too "confidently" that he think that his method will cure all disease including the cancers.

Many others did the same like him but are more cunning in avoiding to be sued.

Just have to be very careful.

David