Friday, July 23, 2010

Day +1479 : Almost get cheated by Internet scam (4/4)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday...

You see, he blamed me for playing game and I did apologised, but requested to talk to him through Skype. I could see Professor Yap was on Skype and his location is Perth, Australia, not London. I would like to see how he would response to my request.
Sorry about this. I am willing to help and in fact already withdraw RM12,000 cash. I went to withdraw last night and this morning.

Are you on Skype? Perhaps, we can have a chat through Skype.
And the reply was a follow.
As you know that i don't have my computer here,i am using someone computer to write you but if you can help me to send it no problem.

I already sent you the details to use when sending it via western union but you never want to help me out that is why you asking all this...I am unhappy where i am now in a big distress...i can't write you again.. Thank you for all your effort and time..bye

Professor Yap
I knew I should conclude the game now and sent him the last email as follow. I didn’t receive any reply from him after that :-)
I managed to talk to Professor Yap through Skype. He is in Perth, Australia now. How can he be in London at the same time?

Only one is real? Which one? The one in Perth or the one in London?

When I made up a story saying that

Because when I was sick, you came to visit me and compose a very nice song to encourage me. Do you still remember about this?

And at one period of time when nobody else could come to hospital to take care of me, you and your wife stay in the hospital many nights to take care of me. I don't know if you still remember all these kind works that you had done towards me.

And your reply is
I could still remember all those time...

How can you remember something that didn't happen? What a joke!

And you said that you were with your friend who has a computer, then why don't you ask your friend for help? Why you need to mass email to everybody to ask for help.

You said you can't call me because you didn't have money but you have a friend with you, why don't you ask your friend to call me?

You are unhappy and distress because your trick doesn't work, isn't it?

I referred this case to Crime Investigation Division London Police Service. Run, quickly, run, run, run...

Have a good run!
See you next post :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, thanks for sharing the scam to create awareness to all your readers. Too many scams nowadays and fortunately, you did not fall for it.

Teresa Ting

David said...

Yes, almost fell prey to the scammer. "We must help," I told my wife initially.

Anonymous said...

That is the problem when such 'cheater' takes advantage of our kind heartedness, wanting to help others in times of difficulty. We got cheated once when a malay chap (30 years+) approached us saying that his car broke down and he had no money because he left his wallet at home. He asked for help of RM15 to get taxi to go home. We just gave him RM 15 although we did find his story a lot of 'misaligned holes' pointing to a pack of lies. We should at least test/phoned the phone number that he left with us saying that he would pay us. No doubt, there is no such person. Later, we heard that a lot of friends was cheated by him in the same manner. My broher-in-law was cheated of RM 35!

Teresa Ting

Lessons learned and since then, we met a few scams and we did not fall for it any more. This included selling chinese herbs, etc and 1 fellow even go hospitalised for taking such herbs. Such tactics like lost the wallet, got robbed etc were used in UK as well, asking the students for money to help them out to take a bus home!

Just have to be very, very careful nowadays.

David said...

Yes, has to be very careful; else people might take advantage of our loving kindness.

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

It's sad to hear such cases happen so very often to our friends. Thank God you are not cheated by the scam. I hope your friend David Yap already managed to retrieve back his net account and stop this guy from preying his other friends.
Take care and God bless.

In Christ,
debbie