Friday, July 09, 2010

Day +1465 : Erythromycin seems to work :-)

I am fine today.

I am feeling a lot better today. Erythromycin seems to work J

Yesterday was the worst where the throat was so painful that I even have difficulty to sleep. My wife and eldest sister were a little bit nervous knowing that I had severe sore throat. This is because sore throat was one of the symptoms when I was diagnosed with Leukaemia. At that time, the doctor thought that I was having acute throat inflammation but in fact it was the Leukaemia that caused the throat problem. So we are overwhelmingly sensitive to sore throat :-(

I assured them it is different this time as there is no bleeding and now the sore throat is subsided almost completely. We all should be relieved knowing this :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY to you :)

I am so thrilled to read about your four year "birthdate", congratulations and best wishes for continued good health.

Glad to hear your erythromycin prescription medication is working for your throat. We commonly use this in the United States. When I practiced as a dental hygienist the dentist often prescribed this as a method to prevent infections prior to dental work (doing a root canal, prevention of endocarditis, etc.).

How joyous are the photos of the area near your retreat. I am in love with the scenery. In my home I have decorated with many asian inspired furnishings. I feel at peace looking at gardens and mountains in silk paintings and photographs. My home reflects this and it brings me much joy everyday.

Sorry to hear of the passing of David Burge. Although I do not know him or his relalationship to you, I too know he is home in heaven with God and in a peaceful place with only joy surrounding him.

I attended the funeral of my friends father. I felt joyous inside and my tears were only for the joy of him knowing the glory of God as we too hope to know Him.

I will return this upcoming week to the cancer center that treated me for AML for additional bone marrow biopsy and other tests.

I trust in the Lord and continue with prayers for everyone, including you, to continue the path He has chosen for us with grace and dignity and love.

Susan

David said...

Dear Susan,

Thank you! Great to hear from you again!

I am glad that you like the photos :-)

David Burge is a pastor in New Zealand who has 8 children. His wife found my blog after he was diagnosed with Leukaemia.

Thank you for praying for me. I am remembering you in my prayer too :-)

May God bless you!

David