Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day +1476 : Almost get cheated by Internet scam (1/4)

I am fine today.

I received an urgent email yesterday from Professor David Yap(叶志明教授) saying that he was in London attending a conference but somehow lost his wallet. Then he said he needed 2,400 Pounds and requested for my help; transferring whatever amount that I could afford through Western Union Money Transfer.

The email reads as follow:
Hello,

How are you doing? Hope all is well with you and I pray this email finds you in good health. I am sorry that I didn’t tell you about me leaving for this Conference here in England.

I really hate to ask you but I need favor from you because i misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept.I really need a loan urgently. I will be needing the sum of 2,400 Pounds to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself back home.

I will appreciate whatever you can afford to help me with, i'll pay you back as soon as i return. Kindly let me know if you can be of help? so that i can send you the details to use when sending the money through Western Union Money Transfer.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David Yap
I met Professor David Yap in the 20th World Association of Chinese Church Music conference not long ago and I respected him a lot.

I told my wife that I must help him and would like to lend him the full amount; withdrawing cash and transfer to him the money the next day.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: