Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day +1477 : Almost get cheated by Internet scam (2/4)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday...

With the intention to help, I replied as follow.
Dear Professor Yap,

I am so sorry to hear about this. I am having some infection - sore throat, flu and coughing. As a post bone marrow transplant Leukaemia patient, I am more susceptible to infection but don't worry, I am generally fine.

I believe I can lend you the full amount but is it possible for you to call me just to verify that this is from you? Sorry for that, I am just a little bit cautious.

You do can send me the details.

God bless!

David
After sending out the email, I searched the Internet and found out that someone in fact reported receiving mail almost exactly the same as this one. This made me concluded that the mail was not from Professor Yap though the sender email is belong to him and the return path for the email is also correct. His email account must be hacked and the hacker sent out the mail to call for assistance to everyone that Professor Yap had contacted.

I received the reply.
Dear David,

Thank you for your concern and help,i should have call you but my cell phone can't work here and i don't have any cash on me to call at a pay phone,how are you feeling now with your health?hope you are getting better? You will send the money via Western Union Money Transfer using the details below for the transfer:

Name:David Yap
Address: 141 Euston Street
London, NW12AU
England

Kindly help me to send it as soon as possible and once you have it sent,send me the money transfer control number(Mtcn) with full details of the transfer or attach receipt to me.

I wait to read from you as soon as you have it sent today.

Professor Yap
The hacker changed the signature from David Yap to Professor Yap because I addressed him as Professor Yap.

I responded to his mail and made up a story and see how he would response :-)
Dear Professor Yap,

I understand your situation and sorry for replying late as I went to sleep after replying to your urgent mail last night. I am most happy to help you. Because when I was sick, you came to visit me and compose a very nice song to encourage me. Do you still remember about this?

And at one period of time when nobody else could come to hospital to take care of me, you and your wife stay in the hospital many nights to take care of me. I don't know if you still remember all these kind works that you had done towards me.

In fact I always find opportunity to help you and I believe this is the best chance for me to reward you for your kindness

Can you give me your hotel contact? The name of the hotel and also your room number. I will call you. Apart from this, I will also like to tell you that the manuscript for the latest song that you pass to me got a serious discrepancy which can only be resolved through the telephone conversation. If we didn't do this, than the publication might be seriously delayed and thus affect our investment.

I will redraw money today and most probably will be able to bank in immediately after receiving your reply.

Hope to hear from you soon.

God bless you!

In Christ,

David Ting
To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: