Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day +1478 : Almost get cheated by Internet scam (3/4)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday...

And the reply from the hacker was a brief one as follow:
Dear David,

Thank you for your reply.here is the hotel phone number +447961578272 room 204. I could still remember all those time... Kindly send the cash as soon as posssible today and let me know. I will be expecting your call.

Professor Yap
The interesting thing that is worth to mention here is that he said “I could still remember all those time...” :-) And in fact those thing never happens.

I continued the game by replying as follow.
Dear Professor Yap,

Can you please let me know the hotel name?

I have the cash ready.

David

And I was given the hotel name.
The name of the hotel is London Euston Travel Inn. Try to call me as soon as possible because i will soon be leaving for a class. Waiting to read from you soon.

Professor Yap
I googled and found out that the telephone number was not belong to the hotel. I replied as follow.
I called the London Euston Travel Inn Address: 141 Euston Road London, NW1 2AU Tel: 00 44 (0) 870 238 3301. There is one one called David Yap staying there.
I didn’t call in fact. Now the hacker was getting impatience and replied as follow.
I am at there annex and i gave you the number to call +447961578272 room 204. If you can't help me let me know not all this games you are try to play...well thank you for your time.

Professor Yap
To be continued and see you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are cautious at all times. :)

David said...

The email is so real and I did believe it initially.

However, I also determined that I should verify and talk to him directly first.

But the scammer was so tricky that he even asked me to call him which I didn't do.

No wonder so many people get cheated.