Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day +1470 : Now AirAsia can simply re-time the flight but you bear the cost

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday from Richard.

-------------------------------------------------

I am a faithful AirAsia passenger/supporter since year 2002 when it had only 4 aircrafts. At that time, if I changed the flight from the expensive one to a cheaper one, I could get the refund of the difference, credited to my credited card.

But a few months later, AirAsia imposed a rule that a passenger was only allowed to change to a flight with a fare equal or more expensive than the original one. This made the auto refund case never happen again.

Today if you have booked a flight but at the end you want to re-time it, you need to bear the cost because you are the one who make "mistake”, and most of the time, the re-time penalty charges is more than buying a brand new ticket. However, if AirAsia re-time your flight, then we can re-plan our trip and then called AirAsia to reschedule it. This is FREE of charge because it is AirAsia make the mistake.

But now this FREE of charge thing is not free actually. Recently I have a case which AirAsia re-time my flight from Bali back to KL with an arrival time of 0:20am. I have no other choice than to change the flight to an earlier one.

I sought the assistance of the "Live Help" but failed miserably. The reason is unknown, but I guess the main reason is because the "Live Help" is free at the moment. If one day, the "Live Help" is chargeable, I think "Live Help" can also do everything.

At the end I called 600 85 9999 (Premium Line RM1.95/minute) to change the flight. The line was connected immediately after I made the call but no one other than the machine was talking to me – all stuff are busy at the moment…

After waiting for 5 minutes, someone attended to me. I spent 5 more minutes (total 10 minutes) to reschedule the flight. You see, RM 20 is gone! - from my pocket to AirAsia.

This is how AirAsia is squeezing our money in the name of “CHEAP” and “FREE” flight.

See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That's a horrible experience I would say.

I booked a tix flying on 25thJune @ 2120. I r'd a text msg from AA arnd 7pm saying my flight (26thJune) has been rescheduled to take off at 2220!

First of all, i do not have a booking made for 26thJune! Secondly, I was confused whtr my flight on the 25th has been rescheduled to 26th. =)

Crazy AA! I am loosing my patience with AA too!

David said...

I think most people will find their experience with AA deteriorating...

Thinking of MAS now :-)

Unknown said...

Actually they wont allow you to change your flight with Free of charge if their flight retime is less than 45min. This is so called their internal rules and regulation that not disclose to public in their term and condition.