Monday, November 23, 2009

Day +1237 : Back to Sarawak

I am fine today.

Our flight to Sibu is 6:35pm. I booked 2 taxis to transport 10 of us to LCCT; 6 from my family, 2 nieces, my mother-in-law and the maid.

I called the taxi driver, Mr. Yan, as listed in Day +1183 : Taxi fare to KLCC or KLIA. He normally charges RM60 for the trip but because each of the taxis has to carry 5 passengers this time, he demanded for an extra charge of RM10 for each taxi. I think this is reasonable. However, one thing I must remind you is that this taxi driver is always late. He came 15 minutes late this time :-(

We reached Sibu airport at 9:05pm. My second sister, Sieh Kiong and my brother-in-law came to fetch us.

My sister treated us with delicious chicken soup and native olive for dinner. The native olive is only available in Sarawak.

We will be going back to kampong, Sg. Mador , tomorrow.

Take a group photo while waiting for taxis to come
In the cabin
View from airplane - 2012 scene? Looks like everything is on fire...
I sat with Joseph. Daniel, my mother-in-law and the maid sat somewhere else.
These two gave my wife a hard time in the plane - don't want to fasten seat belt, kept standing up during take-off and landing :-(
Native olive of Sarawak

Chicken soup - this giant chicken weight 3.5kg - RM14/kg for the alive one
Giant drumstick for Daniel
Nutritious kampong chicken eggs - 1/3 the size of the AA size eggs but cost RM0.70 each
Soursop - ripe from the tree. Excellent quality :-) My sister's neighbor knows that I like this fruit very much, so he passed many to my sister after learning that I am coming back. Some claim that the fruit is 10000 times stronger than chemo drug. I did some research on that and found out that the claim is really very weak and misleading.
Making sousop drink
My third sister's durians. Not as good as the one in KL but this is "certified" organic :-) So they should be healthy.
See you next post :-)

2 comments: