Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day +1226 : Erythromycin overdose

I am fine today.

I was not feeling well again since Tuesday; catching cold with flu and coughing. Again, I feel itchiness in my left lung that resulted in heavy cough especially when I lie down.

In order to prevent the flu from getting worse, I started to take Erythromycin. The normal dosage is 1 tablet (400mg) twice a day but I took 2 tablets twice a day until this morning when I suddenly suspected that the dosage that I was taking might be wrong.

A quick search on the internet revealed that the dosage should be 1 tablet twice a day. So I was taking double dose for two days :-( No wonder I experienced stomach discomfort and felt like vomiting – part of the symptoms of Erythromycin overdose.

I adjusted the dosage this morning.

Hopefully, the flu and coughing will be gone before I go back to Sarawak next week.

See you next :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

小心用药,并照顾好自己哦!
主仆刘泽丰牧师草

David said...

谢谢提醒,刘牧师。现在很小心了:-)
David

Anonymous said...

Plse read this blog http://cheeleongtoh.blogspot.com/2009/11/onions-vs-flu.html on flu n usage of onions n etc .. hope this will do remedial as our family always believe in nature healing. I stumbled such blog thro surfing.. as I do believe this blogger's words.

If myself or children r sick, esp. on flu n sore throat, cough, we always use garlic (pounced) add lemon juice, ginger & honey to drink

David said...

I do believe to certain extent that this is helpful :-) I once drink raw sour lemon juice when I was having sour throat and found that it was effective.