Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day +1179 : A fraud or mistake? Buy 500g get 386g only :-(

I am fine today.

My niece, Siew Ling, will be going back to UUM, Kedah tonight. Considering that she rarely has a chance to eat pork in this northern part of the country, I decided to buy some roasted pork for lunch.

I went to a stall called Lai Ji Ipoh Roasted Pork and Salted Duck (来记怡保烧猪咸鸭) to purchase 500g of roasted pork. The stall is located in Restoran KH 20 which is situated next to Pizza Hut at Jalan Kenari 20. The roasted pork sold by the stall is very delicious.

Instead of giving me 500g of roasted pork, I noticed on the weighting scale that they gave about 300g only. I complained on the spot, and the guy weighed second time, and added a little bit more of roasted pork this time. I was still doubtful but didn't complain further. I just paid RM22.50 and went home.

I weighted the roasted pork at home on a digital scale and found out that I was given 386g of roasted pork only. And this amount of roasted pork cost RM15.56 only, which means that I paid RM6.94 extra.

In order to make sure that the digital scale is giving the correct reading, I benchmarked it against a 1-kg pack of flour, and found out that it is in fact very accurate.

I photographed the readings and went back to the stall with my camera.

“Is there anything wrong with your scale?” I asked the lady. “I purchased 500g of roasted pork just now but I was given 386g only,” I continued and at the same time showed her the photo that I had taken.

“Sorry!” she responded. “Come! Cut 200g of roasted pork for this gentleman. Cincailah.”

“Cincai” means “not need to be so calculative, or be generous”.

In the end, the guy compensated 260g of roasted pork, which made a total of 646g - thanks to the “cincai-ness” of the stall.

However, “cincai-ness” after being exposed of weighing scale mistake or fraud would not bring any good impression to anyone at all.

Anyway, I still recommend the stall to you because the roasted pork here is really good. However, before you purchase anything here, better get your digital scale ready.

The stall
In this restaurant
The amount that I got initially - 386g
My scale is sincere - giving right reading
I was compensated with this amount of roasted pork
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Pure Faith said...

Yes, the pork at this stall is GOOD.
Been going to them for quite awhile now....

Hmmm... cheating or poor eyesight?
Gotta beware next time i visit them....

David said...

:-)