Thursday, April 02, 2009

Day +1002 : Blood counts dropped

My Blood Count Today: - Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.
Red Blood Count (HB) = 157[143] (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 132[216] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 3.5[6.2] (Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 0.91[1.984] (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)

I am fine today.

The fever subsided today. But I am still very weak and without appetite. Most of the time I have to rest in bed (RIB) :-(

I went to ColumbiaAsia, a private hospital, 10 minutes drive away from my house, to do a full blood count. Getting the result take 30 minutes only as the hospital is equipped with own laboratory. The charge of full blood count is RM22.50.

The result of the blood count is a little bit surprising as the white blood count, platelet and ANC dropped very much. With an ANC of 0.91, I am very vulnerable to infection now.

However, I should not have too much worry about this as when I was admitted due to fever June last year, the blood profile also changed drastically. This is possibly due to infection. I blogged about this on my blog entry Day +708 : Recovering well, early discharge possible.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog daily and I sincerely wish you the very best of health. I also wish you a speedy recovery.May God bless you.

David said...

thanks!