Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day +1028 : Labourious in vain(一场忙碌一场空)

I am fine today.

I was determined to invest in Amanah Saham Wawasan (ASW) but coincidently, I had to do my post-transplant follow-up yesterday. In order to be an early bird, I went to UH to draw blood as early as 6:00am. I got a very good queue number and I managed to reach Puchong at 8:30am after drawing blood.

I saw many people queuing up at Maybank and CIMB to purchase ASW. I went to RHB bank in IOI mall and found out that they were about 20 people queuing there; relatively less people compared to Maybank where the queue had already extended to Public bank at 8:30am.

However, I still felt that the queue was too long at RHB in IOI mall. I went to RHB branch at TESCO about 8:45am and I was number 3 in the queue :-) While Maybank opened at 9:15am, this branch would only open at 10:00am but I was quite confident that I would be able to purchase the fund successfully.

However, we were told that the system hanged when the bank opened. The queue was getting longer – at least 60 people at 10:00am. No transaction could be done and people were just waiting there. I waited for about 45 minutes and left as I need to attend an interview session in the company.

I still hope that I could purchase the fund when I came back from UH in the afternoon, but Richard informed me the non- bumiputera allocation was sold out at 12:05pm :-(

For the sack of investing in ASW, I uplifted my FD prematurely, opened a saving account in RHB and transferred money over there, running here and there, waiting patiently for my turn, just hoping of getting a better return, but despite all these efforts, failed to deposit a single cent into ASW :-(

In fact, I planned to open 5 accounts yesterday – one for myself and one for each of my children. The outcome was zero account.

So this is really labourious in vain(一场忙碌一场空). I believe many people experienced the same :-) At least we try!

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea my friend he get number 33 when he reach may bank, but the fund is sold out the number for opening account just reach number 14....

David said...

What a pity!