Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day +1022 : Sold out incredibly fast

I am fine today.

I uplifted some fixed deposits this afternoon and intended to invest some more into ASM under my wife’s account. But we were told that the allocation for non-bumiputra was sold out by Maybank staff. This indicates that people still have a lot of money in hand :-)

Based on Fortune Sense estimation, it would take 6.5 days to finish the allocation but it finishes in less than two days only. My third sister even told me that it might take a few weeks to finish the allocation. With this, I was so confident I would be able to deposit some more into this fund, and uplift the fixed deposits without checking with Maybank first.

I only found out today that there is quota on the ASM allocation.

Quote from nstonline:

Half of the ASM units will be for Bumiputeras, 30 per cent for Chinese, 15 per cent for Indians and five per cent for the people of other races. ASM units reserved for any race that remain unsold after July 20 will be open for sale to others.

So Fortune Sense estimation may be applicable to Bumiputeras only.

Since I had uplifted the fixed deposit already, I will try to invest in Amanah Saham Wawasan which is due to open next Monday.

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will the ASW sold out within half day? i intend go only after lunch

David said...

ASM 0.99 billion units allocated for Chinese finished in less than two days.

For ASM 0.98 billion units allocated for all non-bumiputra, if there is not many Indian purchasing it, then it should last one day.

However, nobody knows the actual response.

Better go early :-)

Anonymous said...

i heard it finish within 2 hours.....
malaysian really very rich 1 billion unit sold...

David said...

yes, chinese are rich. I attempted to invest, but the system hanged :-(