Monday, April 13, 2009

Day +1013 : Frozen chicken = Big frozen yam?

I am fine today.

My sisters brought a few frozen chickens from Sarawak last Thursday. They packed the chicken in a paper box as check-in luggage.

When they reached the LCCT, they were stopped by the custom officer who questioned them the items that they carried in the box. Knowing that it is prohibited to bring in chicken, they told the custom officer that the box contained yam.

The custom officer put the hand into the box to verify that it was indeed yam that they carried.

“How come the yam is so cold?” she asked.

“We kept the yam in refrigerator,” my sister lied :-)

“You bring big yam?” the officer asked again. She wondered how come the yam was so big.

“Yes, the yam is very big,” answered my sister.

The officer let them go and I got to enjoy these delicious chickens from Sarawak :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: