Thursday, April 09, 2009

Day +1009 : Rainbow Cleaning System

I am fine today.

Someone came to demonstrate a water-based filtration system this evening. The system is just like a vacuum cleaner but it captures the dust particles using water.

The agent was very professional. He spent almost two hours demonstrating the product and trying to convince us that the system is indispensable in creating a healthy environment for my family.

We all agreed that the system is unique and good but when it comes to the pricing, it almost gave us  a “heart attack”; it was priced at RM7500 :-( If we decide right away, they will give us a gift worth of RM1400.

“Don’t have money? Never mind,” the sales agent said.

I just need to sign up interest free installment through credit card for 18 months with each month paying about RM420.

“Not expensive at all. You only pay RM420 per month and you and your family will gain health through the machine,” he convinced me.

“A cancer patient will definitely get the system,” he said.

He didn’t know that I am a cancer patient and when he said this, I knew he made a false claim because I am a cancer patient and I would not get the system :-)

My wife and I felt that the system is very much overpriced. There are so many other factors apart from clean air that would affect our health, so it is very misleading to tell people that the unit is indispensable for healthy living.

More information about the system is available here.

The unit
Water container that will be fixed at the base of the unit
Cleaning mattress
The unit in operation
The dust captured - this will convince most people to purchase, I guess
Conditioning the pillow
Cleaning pillow
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

Same thing happen to me last 3 year ago. They come to show me how powerful this Rainbow cleaning system. This cleaning system really good but I also agreed with you the price is too expensive.

Best regards,

Kuok Chai

David said...

Dear Kuok Chai,

I think it is very much overpriced. We can buy 25 vacuum cleaner, each cost RM300, with the price.

I believe a simple vacuum cleaner will do 80% of the job.

David