Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day +623 : Opposition victory and pregnancy

I am fine today.

Many Malaysians were very excited about our last general election result where the opposition won an unprecedented victory. Since the result brought hope for a better Malaysia, we congratulated each other for this outstanding achievement.

Last Sunday, I congratulated a youth on the election result in the church.

“Congratulation!” I said to him.

“How do you know?” he responded with surprise.

Based on his reaction, I guess he must be experiencing some good thing other than the election result; something which deserved a congratulation.

“Your wife is pregnant?” I guess.

“Yes!” he answered happily.

A church member told me a day earlier that now he would like to have more children because the election result indicates that there is hope for a better Malaysia. With this, I only realized that the racial based political environment and corrupted government actually discourage Chinese to bear more children. The main reason is that they don’t want their next generation to suffer and dwell in a unjust environment.

Understanding the link between the election result and the child bearing allow me to guess correctly that the youth’s wife is pregnant :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: