Monday, March 10, 2008

Day +614 : Reflexology (脚底按摩)

I am fine today.

After knowing that I have dry eyes problem, a kind churchmate came to my house this morning to give me a reflexology treatment.

Reflexology is the physical act of applying pressure to the feet and hand with specific thumb, finger and hand techniques with the goal of encouraging a beneficial effect on other parts of the body, or to improve general health.

This churchmate is a retired teacher who came from Sarawak as well. According to him, he had been studying and applying reflexology “silently” for about 20 years. He already remembered the whole reflexology chart, and I believe his experience is no less than a professional reflexologist.

The reflexology chart

The zone on the feet that is painful when pressed indicates that the corresponding organ to that zone is having problem. An “uneven structure” or lump could be felt on the problematic zone and it is extremely painful when the zone is message.

I experienced unbearable pain on many zones on the feet; the pain is no different than that from cutting our fresh with a knife :-( According to my churchmate, continuing with the treatment will gradually reduce the pain, and eventually the pain will disappeared which mean that the organs are healed.

I am very thankful that he is willing to spend time to give me a course of treatment this morning. I would like to find a professional reflexologist to continue the treatment, and hopefully the treatment would eventually bring improvement to my health.

See you next post :-)

No comments: