Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day +2454 : Resorts World Kijal Trip - Enjoying Stuffed Crab at Kemaman

I am fine today.

As I mentioned earlier, my church member introduced to me a popular restaurant called Restoran Tong Juan (东源酿蟹餐室) in Kemaman which serves stuffed crab. Stuffed crab was a traditional food found in Kemaman.

I searched the location of the restaurant on the Google Map and then set its coordinates on my GPS a day earlier. Therefore, I was very confident that I would get to the right destination and indeed we reached there without hassle.

I read from some website that the restaurant opens at 11:00am for business, but when we reached there at 11:00am, we were told that it only opened for business at 11:30am. So we wandered around the street to wait for the restaurant to open.

We found out that apart from Restoran Tong Juan, there are another 3 restaurant along the same street, and two of them use stuffed crab (酿蟹) as part of the shop's name.

The stuffed crab was not really nice because it tasted a little bit salty which we felt like the crab meat might not be fresh. Anyway, it is good for us to have at least eaten the popular Kemaman stuffed crab :-)

Restoran Tong Juan where we had lunch


Please take note the business hour
Another stuffed crab restaurant

Another one

Tong Juan

The street

And the last restaurant along the street - this one doesn't bear the name stuffed crab

Inside the restaurant

Price list


Stuffed crab

RM8.5 each








To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: