Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day +2183 : Durian feast

I am fine today.

I organized a durian feast for second year students this evening. When I was sourcing durian for the event last week, my classmate introduced to me a brother from her church who is an expert in selecting good durian. Through him, I ordered 20kg of durians, mostly D24, with a cost of RM7 per kg.

We found a Malay stall at the roadside near Kundang junction that allowed us to host the event there. Having durian at the stall is a lot more comfortable that having it at the durian stall. This is because the Malaysia stall is equipped with tables and chairs which we can use freely.

The brother who helped us not only purchased the durians for us, he also delivered them to the stall, and then opened them for us. And the quality of the durians was good, proving that he is a real expert :-)













Take a photo with the church members who help us with the purchase of durians

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wah... a lot of durian... if you buy durian in leeds it costs 8 pound and it is thailand durian

David said...

Wendy, make sure that you come back for holiday during durian season. I believe your father's farm should have enough good durian for you to enjoy :-)