Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Day +1525 : Windows Mobile 6 is a bad choice!

I am fine today.

I purchased a HTC Touch 3G PDA phone running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional on February 2009 and after using it for one and half year, I am now very convinced that that was indeed a very bad decision.

I blogged about the hand phone in the following posts:
In fact, the GPS problem is considered a small one as I don't travel too much. The real problem that I always encountered is hang, hang, hand and slow, slow, slow! Then I have to reset, reset, reset :-) Resetting the device is no fun as I have to open the cover, push the reset button using the stylus and then put back the cover. After this, the device takes "years" to boot up :-(

And I am not the only one who encountered this problem. There are 5 friends including my brother, Richard, gave up using this type of hand phone.

When my "sister" Cyrstal Ting who came to visit me from Japan a few weeks ago seeing me still using this Windows Mobile hand phone, she pointed at it and laugh. It looks like only an "abnormal" creature like me still insisted using this "abnormal" hand phone.

With this extremely poor experience with Windows Mobile, my next hand phone will definitely not a Windows Mobile phone anymore, neither will I accept one even if it is given free to me.

So the choice is either iPhone or Android. Replacing hand phone means spending, so I have to be patient - wait, wait, wait.

The problematic HTC Touch 3G PDA
See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Hee Kang said...

Hi David, what software do you use for photo watermark?
Hee Kang

David said...

Hi Hee Kang,

I am using Batch Watermark Creator. The website is at http://www.easy-tools.net/batch-watermark/index.htm.

David

Anonymous said...

David,
Just read your post here from http://david-healed.blogspot.com/2010/09/day-1539-iphone-or-android-phone.html

You can avoid to remove the back cover to remove using useful utility called Leon Reboot :)