Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day +1540 : My wife is busy doing children projects

I am fine today.

To be parents is not easy at all nowadays. One of the challenges is to do projects for the children and these projects are no trivial things to do.

My wife has been busy doing Daniel's and Joseph's projects which cover subjects such as geography and history. She helped the children to find the necessary pictures through the internet and then wrote for them the content.

The children only participated in copying the content, cutting out the pictures and sticked them onto the report.

Getting the report ready is not only troublesome, it can be costly also. I spent RM15 today to print 10 pages of pictures for Joseph's project :-(

One question you might ask is why parents like my wife tried to be busy body, helping the children to do the project? The answer is simply the projects are too difficult for them and to speak frankly, even I have problem to complete them. I am very fortunate to have a wife who can and has the patient to complete the projects.

I personally feel that those projects are not necessary at all and it brings unnecessary pressure to the children and parents. Students should be given something more interesting to do. Forcing them to do those boring projects kill their interest to study further :-(

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As geography teacher, me myself also not agree with the project (kerja kursus) because the mark actually not valid to evaluate student ability. Most of the student can't do by themselves but just waiting from their teacher or parents to help. So, kerja kursus not only burden for students but also for teacher and parent. I really hope our education ministry will terminate these stupid project.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great!! I tot I am the only one having problems finishing my daughter's class projects. Ha!

I just helped her finished 2 during the one week Raya break! Grandma helped too! hehehehe....

I like what Teoh said. :)

David said...

I am sure many parents are doing this. No choice :-(

Anonymous said...

so the school is kinda, accessing the parents' work, eh?! hahahaha.... thumbs up to our education system and to whoever the great mind is, behind the whole idea! pathetic isn't it?!