Monday, September 27, 2010

Day +1545 : Cameron Highlands - Markets and stalls

I am fine today.

Continue from yesterday...

There are a lot of stalls along the roadsides selling local products. Apart from the stalls, there are night and morning markets at Brinchang where we can get many local products at a good price.

One of the stall next to the resort - Kea Farm



Morning market at Brinchang
Sweet potatoes planted by natives. I was told that Chinese there are reluctant to plant it because it takes three months to harvest. They are selling RM10 for 3kg. I asked the stall owner to choose for me the good one.


Guava + Apple. Looks very attractive? But I read in the newspapers long time ago that this might be a fake product. It might be something like guava where the skin is peeled off and dyed green. It tried a sample and found out that it tastes no different from guava. After that, I noticed green color on my finger tip and thus I am more convinced that the fruit is dyed as reported in newspaper.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: