Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Day +1519 : Year end balik kampong is now confirmed

I am fine today.

We will be going back to Sibu, Sarawak from 6 to 18 December. This time we are going to travel on government travel warrant.

My family is enjoying free return tickets because my wife is a government servant from Sarawak but working in Selangor :-) However, my mother-in-law and the maid are not covered, so I have to purchase AirAsia ticket for them while the rest of us will be traveling using MAS.

Booking MAS ticket with government travel warrant is not a trivial task as the validity of MAS booking is two weeks only but the application process of the travel will take many more weeks. I have to call MAS to extend the booking every two weeks initially and then after a few extensions, the duration is reduced to one week. In the end, calling MAS to extend the booking becomes a weekly business :-( But considering the cost of travel that the government has to bear, I am more than happy to do this :-)

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Seu Chuong said...

Dear David,
I also plan to drive back to Sibu in Dec this year. Most likely I shall meet you in Bintangor and spend one night at the hotel there. There are some hotels at Bintangor there, right ? I have not been there for 10 years..Then I shall visit your birthplace and eat some of your local fruit, ha ha.

David said...

Dear Seu Chuong,

I think there is one hotel in Bintangor but I don't know if it is still operating.

A nice quiet place.

You are also welcome to visit my village and eat fruits - hopefully there is fruits at that time.

Looking forward to seeing you :-)

David

Anonymous said...

Are you not going to Genting on Dec 4?

David said...

Don't worry. I am going. Genting on the 4th and kampong on the 6th :-)