Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Day +1428 : I am 62kg now :-)

I am fine today.

I weight 62kg now. This was the weight before I was diagnosed with Leukaemia and even after the transplant.

But when the GVHD set in, coupled with regular cough and flu, my weight started to drop, to 53kg only at one point. Many people, including the doctor, were surprised to see how thin I was.
I didn’t gain much weight even though I eat a lot.

During the Chinese New Year this year, I stopped taking Penicillin for which I took everyday post bone marrow transplant since August 2006; almost 3 and half years. The purpose of taking Penicillin was to prevent the infection but it seemed that it didn’t work anymore as I got cough and flu very frequently. I caught flu and cough again during the Chinese New Year, and I went to see a traditional Chinese doctor. I stopped taking Penicillin while taking the Chinese traditional medicine but never resume taking it after that.

My weight maintained at 57kg for a very long time no matter how hard I ate. But I gained almost 3kg in one month after stop taking Penicillin. I posted this on Day +1360 : Gaining weight – a blessing :-)

I gained another 2kg, reaching 62kg, two months later :-)

I will continue to indulge myself with delicacies and only exercise control when my weight reaches 65kg :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: