Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day +1443 : Family dental examination

I am fine today.

I brought the whole family (six of us) to a dental clinic for dental examination today.

Due to the lack of saliva, I am the one with the worst dental condition. The dentist found 8 holes that need to be filled :-( He did a scaling for me and then filled up two holes. I experienced extreme pain during the filling process because the decays run deep inside the teeth :-(

I felt very bad during the process but one thing that is worth to mention is that after the pain was gone, I felt so good; a lot better than before the pain :-)

This is exactly what the song "Do you know?"(你可知道) depicts.

沒有經過流淚的雙目,永遠看不到人間疾苦;
沒有經過流汗的耕作,永遠不懂收穫的快樂;
沒有試煉,沒有重擔,你不知生命潛力有多深;
沒有痛苦,沒有缺憾,你不知生命耐力有多大。

沒有夏日炎陽的烤灼,永遠不知樹蔭的清涼;
沒有漫漫長夜的等待,永遠不見曙光的重現;
沒有試煉,沒有重擔,你不知生命韌力有多強;
沒有痛苦,沒有缺憾,你不知生命內涵有多美。

沒有狂風暴雨的肆虐,就顯不出彩虹的美麗;
溪流沒有礁石的阻擋,就激不起浪花的飛舞;
你不知道,你不明白,萬事效力愛神的人得益;
噢!主求祢叫我明白,教導我們明白祢旨意。

I refer you to the composer website at http://yeungpaklun.blogspot.com/2007/04/blog-post_15.html where you can read the background of the song and at the same time, watch a vocalist presenting the song on youtube :-)

The total bill for today dental treatment is RM405 :-(

David - RM155
My wife - RM55
Daniel - RM50
Joseph - RM25
Adriel - RM80
Aaron - RM50

My next appointment is on next Friday when the dentist will fill up 3 more holes for me :-(

See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Lau Chih Yung said...

hi...
mine one at bintagor was free...
hahahahahaa

David said...

Dear Susan,

I am very glad to know that you and Debbie are encouraged through this blog. This blog would not exist should I not been diagnosed with Leukaemia.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

The Chinese song that I posted is based on the above Bible verse.

Yes, I never thought that this blog could encourage so many people. When I started this blog in the isolated transplant room, my intention was to inform my family and friends my progress in the room, and the writing just continued until now.

Thank you for telling me your profession. This is the first time I heard of dental hygienist for the first time, most probably because we don't have this category of dental care profession here in Malaysia. It is interesting to find out that you could do a lot that a dentist can do including dental scaling :-)

I think comparing to U.S., the fee for dental treatment here could be very low.

Congratulation you for having a heart so young! You have breast cancer treatment before?

God bless!

David

dental implant said...

Many thanks so much, the article is first-class because of its simpleness and bright view!