Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day +1436 : An impromptu and private session

I am fine today.

Delegates of the musical conference were given opportunity to attend various interest groups and classes in the afternoon. I chose the advanced vocal and MIDI class.

The tutor of the advanced vocal class was Ching Yong (陈容) and for the MIDI class, the tutor was Professor David Yap (叶志明).

In the first advanced vocal class, Ching Yong explained the theoretical basis to raise the vocal scale (pitch) while maintaining a good voice quality. The class was very theoretical and putting the theory into practice without guidance could be a great challenge to us.

I find most of the tutors of the conference very friendly, approachable and enthusiastic. Yesterday afternoon, my wife and I were talking on the dining table to a tutor, Dr. Christine Chou Liu (周瑞芳博士), who taught the intermediate vocal class. We didn’t realize that she was tutor initially.

At some point in the conversation, I told her that it was difficult for me to sing now as my lung is restricted after the bone marrow transplant. She gave me an impromptu and private session on the breathing technique in the dining room immediately upon knowing that I have the problem:-)

I switched to her class (2nd and 3rd class) after that and also purchased her CD :-)

No comments: