Sunday, June 06, 2010

Day +1432 : I witnessed an immigration enforcement

I am fine today.

We went to DG food court for dinner after the church management meeting last Tuesday. Half way through the dinner, immigration enforcement team raided the food court and rounded up all the foreign labours.

We saw a guy wearing white T-shirt and jean started to run suddenly in the food court and a group of 4 or 5 immigration enforcement officers swarmed over him, overpowered him and beat him with a chair even though there was not even a slight chance that he could stage an attack or escape.

The food court paralyzed after that as no one was left to sell drinks. The food court has to delay the operation hour to 3:00pm as of today, 5 days after the raid. We relied so much on the foreign labours and a lot of business can't go on without them. We went there for lunch today at about 2pm and discovered that very few stalls are opened for business because no one was selling drinks :-(

The episode of the night convinces us even more on the violation of human right of Malaysia's enforcement officers - beating and killing people unnecessarily. This is reflected in a few high profile cases. They dared to beat the suspect publicly with a chair even though he posed no danger to them at all, we can certainly imagine what would happen in private :-(

Rev. Lau, who worked in Australia for a few years before joining us said that this kind of beating would never happen in Australia. Another "Malaysia Boleh!", again, a shameful one :-(

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

My name is Susan, I am the person from the United States (Florida) that recently became acquainted with your blog. I appreciate you replying to the comments I made after reading about your strong faith in God.

My husband and I are really enjoying see you and your family and all the photos of food. It brings a smile to our face and joy to our heart.

I was surprised actually to hear from you.

I am sorry for the political unrest in your country and town.

I will check your blog from time-to-time to see how you are doing physically. Your platelets, etc. look good.

Tomorrow I will be going for my weekly labwork for my platelets. I was reading about your long term use of Penicillin. I am on an anti-viral (Valtrex) daily but no penicillin (I am allergic anyhow).

My weight has dropped a bit as I don't especially like eating much anymore. I do, however, enjoy the fact that you take such delight in capturing your meals on camera. :)

I have added you to my prayer list and hope our friendship continues. Your life story blogs and courage fighting AML has really helped me. Thanks. Susan

David said...

Dear Susan,

I am very glad to hear from you again. In fact, hearing from you alone is an encouragement to me.

I am also thank God that you are doing well. I hope your appetite will increase and picking up weight :-)

Yes, we keep in touch and update each other on our progress. I am praying for you too.

Thank you for praying for me. I am praying for you too.

David