Monday, June 07, 2010

Day +1433 : Attending the 20th WACCM 2010 Music Conference

I am fine today.

My wife and I registered for the 20th WACCM 2010 Music Conference (第20届圣乐大会) that is held at the Holiday Villa Subang starting from this afternoon to Friday.

Word Association for Chinese Church Music or WACCM (世界华人基督教圣乐促进会)organises this conference once every two years for the past forty years. This is an international conference with 500 delegates from 11 countries. Of course, the most delegates are from Malaysia.

We registered just before 5:00pm and waited there for the Welcoming Dinner and Opening Ceremony that started at 6:00pm. Our guest tonight includes Minister of Tourism, Dato' Sri Dr. Ng Yen Yen, who was speaking in the opening ceremony and at the same time also presented an allocation of RM30,000 to the organizing committee.

My wife and I attended the same conference about twenty years ago in Sibu, Sarawak. The fee of the conference at that time was very cheap. We had to pay an early bird rate of RM700 per head as an non staying delegate this time.

Many of the well known figures that were speaking in the conference twenty years ago still come to speak in this conference. Among them are the WACCM Honorary President, David Yeung (杨伯伦先生) and WACCM adviser, Dr. Yap (叶志明教授). David Yeung is a talented Chinese Christian song writer and composer who has produced quite a signification amount of high quality works. He is 80 years old now.

The food of the night was not really good but the presentation was fantastic. The choir presentation tonight was very nice. It has been a long time I haven't listened to such a good choir presentation. Apart from this, we had presentation from Cecilia Yap(叶洁芝) and Armando Ching Yong(陈容), and also cello solo from Robert Choi.

Again, I am so grateful to God that I am alive to attend such a nice conference. Glory be to God!

The theme of the conference : Sing Christ Story Through The Ages, Teach Church Music To All Ages (基督福音千秋颂、圣乐培训世代传)
A photo with my wife
A drum presentation practice
The dinner hall


The menu - click to have a larger view
Delegates waiting for the delicacies


Drum presentation
It came finally


This is not food. It is an impromptu choir presentation from Indonesian delegates half way through the dinner.
Let's continue the dinner




Another choir presentation - very strong
New friends - those who sat on the same table
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

山猫 said...

I think the only nice dish was the Honey Dew with Sago... who am I? I'm the girl wearing black tshirt in your 8th photograph... and girl beside me wearing the same tshirt in yellow is my church mate... we are from Sabah :) nice meeting you here! May God bless you.

David said...

Hi,

Nice to meet you too! I hope you don't mind I capture you "accidentally".

Yes, I agree with you. We really can't expect much.

May God bless you!

David