Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day +1452 : Retreat at Pine Resort KK (4)

I am fine today. Continue from Day +1450...

We paid RM80 per person per night inclusive of breakfast and dinner. We were served 7 large dishes for dinner - 1 soup, 3 vegetable dishes and 3 meat dishes. The vegetable was very fresh and juicy. We managed to finish all of them except the soup because it was tasteless.

The set dinner







The night was cool and thus it was perfect for a great sleep but the alarm clock on my hand phone rang at 4:30am in the morning. That was the time that I set for the previous morning so I could wake up early enough for the morning flight, but I forgot to turn it off. And this happened to Rev. Lau as well, his alarm clock rang as early as at 4:00am.

When I woke up, I noticed that Pastor Tan was not feeling well. He was having fever and feeling very cold. I gave him my blanket. Rev. Lau came to check what happened, most probably after hearing the sound of my alarm clock. And we went to search for Panadol but no one was having it. We walked to a 24-hour stall somewhere near Kendasang market but it didn’t sell Panadol. We only managed to get the Panadol from the small shop of the resort at 7:00am.

The breakfast was very basic but it was sufficient for keeping simple persons like us full :-)






And the lunch for the day was even simpler because we ate too much in the morning. We just ordered fried Mee Hoon, rice and noodles, each of the size for single person :-)



A Rojak appreciation session after the lunch
Avocado - this is the first time ever I eat Avocado

Another type of Avocado


The dinner was heavy again. We chose all dishes that we didn’t eat in the previous dinner except the fried mushroom.







We didn’t have much program for the day; just relax and appreciate the nature. We have sharing and praying session at night.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

So sorry for not keeping up with your blogs since the one about your family dental trip.

I had no idea there were no dental hygienists in your country. My three brothers were all dentists (unfortunately my oldest brother passed away a few years ago).

I am so sorry to hear of your dog dying. My husband is a veterinarian here in the United States. Sounds as if your dog ate many things from the blog you wrote. There is a good possibility that something he ate hurt him internally.

My son's dog ate the cable from the television. This was discovered because there was no reception on the television. When my son saw the missing cable he figured it out.

He called my husband to ask what to do but unfortunately when that occurred (some years ago)we were on vacation. He had to go to the local veterinarian for x-rays and observation which my son told me cost him his entire income tax return money for the year. the dog did survive without an operation.

My husband has a client whose dog loves to eat socks. My husband has operated on the dog 3 times already to remove socks from the dog. The owners don't seem to be able to hide all their socks.

The place your retreat is being held at looks so beautiful. The mountains are magnificent.

I love your blogs about your family events, travel, food, birthdays,...you write very interesting stories.

Yes, you have helped not only me, Debbie, but assuredly a lot of other people from your opening up about your journey through this disease we call leukemia.

I went to mass on Friday with a friend of mine and felt an overwhelming peacefulness. Being in church, any Catholic church, gives me this peace. I always light a candle for all of those on my prayer list. I used to light a candle for each person that I pray for but after reaching 20 I decided to light just one and donate the $20 ($1 per candle) than to light them all. God knows all my intentions, you amongst them, Debbie too.

We are attending a 50th birthday party tonight for a person I met while going through my transplant at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida USA. He has lost his eyesight as a result but is a patient and kind person despite this added problem. He lost his sight before his leukemia diagnosis. He had CML first then AML. His bone marrow donor came from Germany as mine did, actually on the same flight. We transplanted the same time on January 12th, 2010. Our "day zero" is January 13th for both of us. I feel fortunate to have developed a relationship with him and his wife. My husband and I meet with them once a week for dinner and conversation.

I hope the retreat and family vacation is good for you. Getting closer to the Lord is always good.

You are in my prayers. I hope your family is not too sad.

Susan

David said...

Dear Susan,

Nice to hear from you again.

Thank for your for sharing with those interesting stories about dog. I thought only my dog did that.

I am glad that you feel the presence of the Lord and peace in the church. That should be very comforting I guess :-) Praise the Lord.

It is good to keep in touch with friends who went through the same ordeal. I also keep in touch with them but not to the extent that having dinner each week. Please keep up the good work :-)

May the peace from our Lord be with you all the time and may He healed you completely.

David