Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day +1268 : Congratulation! Raymond Lau

I am fine today.

Raymond Lau is my third sister’s (bone marrow donor) second son. He scored 8As in his PMR (Lower Secondary Assessment) exam.

He is not a book worm and spends quite a lot of time playing computer game. Seeing him spending too much time on computer, his father (my brother-in-law) blamed my sister for purchasing the computer for him. The endless complaints of my brother-in-law subjected my sister to great pressure as she knew that she would be the one to blame should Raymond failed to scored A for all subjects.

“The computer will be destroyed if Raymond failed to score 8As,” my sister said.

My sisters always worked very hard to please (巴结) their children during the year of exam so that they could concentrate more to study. For example, my eldest sister always purchased tons of junk food for her children, Min Hie and Min Huang, while they were preparing for SPM and STPM exam respectively. In the end, one scored 12As in her SPM exam and another one scored 3A1B in his STPM exam. After the exam, both of them gained a lot of weight “thanks” to the junk food.

“If I didn’t let him play computer game, he might end up with depression and scored poor result,” my third sister reasoned.

So please remember – never fight with your children during the year of exam. Give them what they want and they will give you what you want :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: