Monday, December 14, 2009

Day +1258 : Follow-up at BMT Clinic

My Blood Count Today: - Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.
Red Blood Count (HB) = 146[145] (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 265[185] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 10.6[10] (Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 5.406[5.3] (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)

I am fine today.

Instead of going to UH twice, I went to UH once today. Usually, I went there very early in the morning to draw blood and then returned again in the afternoon to see the haematologist. This is to make sure that the blood result is available when I see the haematologist in the afternoon.

Those who finish the follow-up in a single trip will take blood in the early afternoon and then wait for the result before seeing the haematologist. However, there is no guarantee that all test result will be available. In this follow-up, my liver function and lipid profile test result are not available.

My blood counts today are normal. Even though I experience mild breathlessness due to flu attack last week, doctor said that my lung is clear, so no further examination is needed. My blood pressure is normal too. So I am doing quite well generally.

My next appointment will be 12 weeks later. This is a record :-)

I purchased 15 boxes of Tears Naturale Free, paying RM480. Hopefully, this amount of tears can last for 12 weeks.

See you next post :-)

No comments: