Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day +1261 : My first MPV, Toyota Innova

I am fine today.

I ordered a Toyota Innova 2.0E(A) today costing RM101,800.00 on the road. The cheaper 7-seater MPV such as Toyota Avanza and Proton Exora do not satisfy our requirement because we have 8 members in the family including my mother-in-law and the maid. So the 8-seater Innova is the cheapest MPV that fulfills our requirement.

Year end is not the best time to purchase a new vehicle as it will affect its second-hand value. However, after considering that I will not be changing the vehicle in the near future, so the impact of the year difference should be minimal.

The car dealer is giving out either one of the 3 promotional packages below:
  1. E-Services Coupon worth RM2,300.00
  2. Free Body Kit worth RM2,200.00
  3. Low Down Payment RM1,500
But I am offered two of the packages because I purchased the vehicle in the “worst” time :-) I chose low down payment and E-Service coupon in the end.

I paid about RM15,000 and borrowed RM85,000 from the bank for a duration of 3 years. The standard interest is 3.25% but I requested to have 3.00% interest instead. The sales agent helped me to negotiate with the bank successfully and this gives a saving of over RM600 in 3 years:-)

The car is ex-stock and I should be able to get it by next week.

Currently, we managed to squeeze the whole 8-member family into the Proton Perdana but it was congested beyond your imagination. With the new Innova, we should be more comfortable in travelling.

The colour that I choose - Grey Mica Metallic
See you next post :-)

5 comments:

Lau Chih Yung said...

wao ...
new car....
i want test drive when new car reach your home... hehehehe

David said...

No problem :-)

Dennis Sek said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

恭喜你们拥有了一辆比较大辆的家用车,不然,全家这么多人,要出入都困难呀!

David said...

谢谢!刘牧师。都是神的恩典 - 不只活着,还买新车。David