Friday, December 04, 2009

Day +1248 : Sarawak Holiday – Erythromycin doesn’t work this time :-(

I am fine today.

I still have fever today. This indicates that the antibiotic, Erythromycin, that I am taking since Monday doesn’t work for me this time.

I need to have something stronger and the obvious choice is Augmentin – the strongest oral antibiotic. But where can I get it? Two options: purchase it from a pharmacy store in Sibu or get it from Bintangor clinic. Of course the later is more economical – shorter distance and need to pay RM1 only :-)

So my third sister brought me to the clinic in the afternoon. The HA (Health Assistant) who saw me would like to prescribe me a stronger antibiotic called Panglobe, but it is not as strong as Augmentin. Only a doctor could prescribe Augmentin in the clinic. My sister told the HA that any antibiotic other than Augmentin might not work for me as I am a post bone marrow transplant patient. Fortunately, the HA agreed to refer me to the doctor.

The doctor prescribed me a seven day course of 625mg Augmentin in the end :-)

With this antibiotic, the flu and cough should be cleared within a few days time; else the next course of treatment is to be admitted to hospital to have intravenous antibiotic :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: