Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day +815 : Two delicious homemade dishes :-)

I am fine today.

I cooked successfully a delicious dish called stir-fried tofu with roasted pork in shrimp paste (吓酱烧肉豆腐). Since we didn’t keep any shrimp paste as we seldom use it, my wife suggested replacing it with fish sauce (鱼露). And it did turn out to be a brilliant suggestion :-)

This dish is very easy to prepare. If you are interested to give it a try, let me know, I will scan and email you the recipe :-)

A photo of the dish. Perhaps I should replace the "shrimp paste" with "fish sauce"
A zoom in view
The recipe is from this book which we purhased from Popular Bookshop last night.

Another dish we have today is red wine residuum pork (红酒糟猪肉), a Foochow delicacy. It was prepared by the maid under my wife’s instruction.

The red wine residuum is a residue of Foochow red wine making. It is a very excellent ingredient for preparing many tasty dishes.

A church member shared with me some red wine residuum sometimes ago. We have been using this precious ingredient to cook duck, chicken and pork since then :-)

Does the redness hampered your appetite? But I tell you, a Foochow will normally drool over (流口水)the dish :-)
A closer view
See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

You are right. I really drool over (流口水) when saw this red dishes.

Kuok Chai

David said...

Dear Kuok Chai,

Just get the book and try to cook the dish, and many other mouth-watering dish. The recipes are simple and easy :-)

David

Anonymous said...

Dear Ah Kiew,
Greetings to our gourmet master!! Do you have a recipe for making Foochow red wine?
Thanks for sharing our good news, we are now in our 20th week. Thank God that everything is fine so far.

Ee Ding

David said...

Dear Ee Ding,
Thanks for your compliments:-) I will email to you the Foochow red wine recipe. A church member had already promised to prepare the recipe. Very glad to hear that the pregnancy is going on smoothly. May God bless you!
Ah Kiew