Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day +806 : The bill = RM4299

I am fine today.

I got the Daihatsu Charade back last Friday after a major overhaul. The total bill amounted to RM4299. After a discount of RM49, I paid RM4250.

The car’s engine is no longer as noisy as before and I also feel that the car run smoother than before. However, I still noticed that the temperature meter is pointing on the higher side (60% of full range) after driving it for some time.

In order to make sure that the cooling system works well, I brought the car back to the workshop again on Tuesday. The workshop replaced existing fan motor with a more powerful one and the replacement cost including the labour charge was RM175. It seemed that the temperature could be kept below 50% now. However, more test need to be done to confirm that the cooling system is working properly.

We had spent more than RM7000 so far :-( But I think it is still worth to do it. Firstly, the car body is still in excellent condition, and secondly, I feel the car run like a new one after the major overhaul :-)

The bill (Click to have a larger view)

See you next post :-)

No comments: