Saturday, September 06, 2008

Day +794 : In the home village

I am fine today.

The flight to Sibu was very punctual yesterday. The plane touched down Sibu airport just before 8:00pm, about 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled arrival time.

We had dinner at my sister house. She cooked delicious chicken soup for us :-) The chicken here is always taste better than the KL’s, and of course they are most expensive. The bald head chicken (光头鸡), which is something equivalent to the garden chicken (菜园鸡) here, cost RM15 per kg. The famous kampong chicken here cost about RM25kg per kg now :-( It used to cost RM17 to RM18 only.

I had a sweet soursop as dessert after the dinner. The fruit was given by my sister’s next-door neighbour. It was harvested from the soursop tree planted at the backyard of the neigbour’s house. Once my sister told her neighbour that I like to eat soursop very much (in fact, not only soursop, I like to eat almost everything very much :-)), and knowing that I am coming back from KL, this good neighbour gave this ripen-on-tree soursop to me :-)

The soursop

I had a big bowl of Kampua Mee (干盘面) as my breakfast in Sibu before going back to my home village, Sg. Mador.

In the afternoon, my niece (my second brother’s daughter) cooked duck for me. This duck was very special because it was reared by her and funded by fourth sister – the one that supplied me free lunch and free juice every working days. And I was in charge of eating :-)

The duck drumstick
A zoom-in view, extremely delicious. Kampong duck is very different :-)

I also had this fried bamboo shoot with tomato sauce. My mother used to cook this dish during Chinese New Year

In the evening, my third sister (stem cell donour) invited me for a dinner in her house. Knowing that I am a gluttonous person, she prepared many dishes for me :-)

The home reared kampong chicken which had been reared for one year.
The chicken meat
Canned corn
Prawns in tomato sauce. Very fresh. My sister said she purchased them from fisherman at the Bintangor's jetty. A zoom-in view
Stewed pork trotter by my brother-in-law. Very delicious :-)
Mixed vegetable
Steam fish
And finally, Siew Mai
I can say most of the dishes more delicious than what we can get from restaurant :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: