Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day +802 : The blood donation

I am fine today.

The blood donation campaign that was held yesterday in our church was a great success. More than 40 people came to donate blood, of which 34 of them managed to complete the donation successfully.

And I proudly announce that 6 of the 34 were from my family. They were Richard, Soon Hui, Heng Chiek, Nga Ming, Chih Yung, and my brave wife, Angela :-) This constitutes 17.6% of the total blood donated yesterday.

I brought Adriel and Aaron to the event as well and explained to them how blood donation was done. My wife told me an interesting conversation between Pastor Tan and Adriel in the church yesterday.

“Do you have blood?” asked Pastor Tan.

“No,” Adriel answered after looking at both her hands and found no blood on them :-)

I believed Pastor Tan was testing Adriel, to see if she was willing to donate blood, and Adriel came to the answer because she didn’t see any blood on her hands.

Doctor's examination before donating blood My wife, Angela
My nephew, Chih Yung. Even though he needs to sit for an exam at 2:00pm, he still insist to donate blood.
My niece, Nga Ming - first time donating blood.
My nephew, Heng Chiek.
My brother, Richard. He donated blood 2 and half months ago but doctor allowed him to donate again.
My nephew, Soon Hui
And finally, Aaron :-) "No, no, I am not a blood donor. I am just in charge of eating and drinking."
See you next post :-)

No comments: