Monday, September 22, 2008

Day +810 : Braised pork belly bun(扣肉包)

I am fine today.

A gluttonous me can't resist from sharing with you delicious food. So I am talking about food again.

When I was hospitalized June this year, my nephew, Chih Yung, brought me some braised pork belly buns (扣肉包) as breakfast one day. The bun was very big and its stuffing abundant. And the best thing is that it cost only RM1.9 per piece. I wished I could share the buns with my wife and other family members.

Without forgetting the cheap and delicious, I asked Chih Yung to buy 18 buns for me and Richard this morning from a stall in Taman Tun. Chih Yung said that only buns from this particular stall come with abundant stuffing. But the cost has increased to RM1.9 per bun; a RM0.40 price hike.

However, the stall owner charged him RM1.80 per bun only this morning due to bulk purchase :-)

Let me know if you are interested in the bun, I don’t mind to treat you one :-)

A different views of the bun.



See you next :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

Really Ho Liao.
Although I just finish my dinner, I still can take at list 3!
Next time remember to count me also.
Where is the actual location at Taman Tun (TTDI?)?

Best regards,

Kuok Chai

David said...

Dear Kuok Chai,

Taking at least 3? The bun is very big. My nephew said he used to take two, but with great "difficulty". And now he manage to take one only. I believe the fat braised pork belly will make your head dizzy if you take too much :-)

I will ask my nephew to provide me the exact address of the stall and let you know later.

God bless!

David

David said...

Message from my nephew on where to get the bun:

hi... i have a adress... TTDI Utama Pau No.2 Jlm Tun Mohd Fuad 2. Taman Tun Dr. ismail. 60000 Kuala Lumpur. But dun know the restoren name ... hihi next time i go there i will get the name ... its near to VADS building... or behind the Celcom servise center ...