Sunday, September 07, 2008

Day +795 : Wedding dinner at Sarikei

I am fine today

In the morning, I attended the church service in my home village – the church that I attended and served when I was young. Time passes very fast, many members that I know very well are very old now. And they were very happy to see me :-)

Praise and wordship time A very young preacher is preaching
In the evening, I drove to Sarikei to attend my wife’s step sister’s wedding reception dinner. It has been a very long time I haven’t attended a kampong wedding dinner. The food that we had was quite nice but of course, the home cooked one by my third sister was still the best :-)

I met this uncle who served as my marriage witness 15 years ago :-)

Instead of having a cold plate, we had a hot plate :) There was fire underneath to boil the soup.
This is how it works.
Pea nut herb chicken
A zoom-in view
Shark fin soup but finding shark fin in the soup can be very challenging (大海捞针)
Steamed fish - very fresh
Another dish - don't know how to call it
Stewed pork knuckle
The fried "Pau" for eating together with the pork knuckle
Sea cucumber
And finally, the fruits
This 7 dishes meal costs RM300 only; a lot cheaper that the price here. But an equivalent set would cost only RM230 in Bintangor :-)

If you like to eat very much and cost is a concern, may be I should bring you there to enjoy cheap meals for a few days :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: