Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day +808 : Aaron’s is having fever

I am fine today.

I think we are experiencing another cold and flu season now. Many people are getting sick.

Aaron was the first one who caught a cold in my family. My wife noticed that he started to have fever on Friday afternoon. And we knew that we were going to face a big challenge – making Aaron to take medicine.

Aaron is very afraid of taking medicine. He refuses to take paracetamol no matter how we persuade him. Let him drink milk that is mixed with paracetamol doesn’t work either as he would find out that the milk is “contaminated” very quickly.

We have to resort to “violence” to make him taking medicine. And in order to do this, we need to have at least two people to complete a challenging medicine feeding session – one catch him and the other force the liquid paracetamol into his mouth while he is crying :-( Fortunately, he always open his mouth while crying, else we have no way of feeding him.

I am almost always involved in the “violence“ and I hope that I won’t catch cold and flu because of this.

I pray that Aaron will recover very soon and the cold and flu won’t spread to other people in the house.

See you next post :-)

No comments: