Friday, May 16, 2008

Day +681 : Streamyx ordeal (1)

I am fine today.

TM Net only managed to get my home internet broadband connection –streamyx - up by yesterday, after 5 days out of service :-(

As I mentioned on my blog Day +677, the connection became extremely slow last Saturday. I filed a complaint and they promised to resolve the problem in 2 working days, which is on Tuesday.

On Monday, I received a call from technical support saying that the problem that I experienced was part of a general problem at Puchong area and they were looking it.

When I came back from work on Tuesday, I found out that the problem was not resolved.

I called the customer support again. They said that the problem must be on my side; cable problem, modem or computer fault. And they guided me on the phone to troubleshoot the problem for exactly one hour without getting the problem resolved :-(

As I worked as a network engineer for 3 years in Petronas, I am quite familiar with the internet connection technology. I was very sure that the problem was on their end, but the support staff was so inexperience that he couldn’t understand my logic :-(

In the end, I threatened the staff that I will make the matter “big” and ask for compensation. He promised to escalate the case to his superior.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: