Sunday, May 04, 2008

Day +669 : A baptism ceremony and a one year anniversary thanksgiving service

I am fine today.

“David, can you fry 3 packs of Beehon for the church tomorrow?” Jessie called yesterday morning.

Our church is having a baptism ceremony this morning. The church would like to prepare a simple lunch for members after the event. Jessie is always the one who organize the eating session of our church.

Instead of 3 packs of Beehon, I offered to fry 4 packs for the church. It was also very fortunate that I was in the wet market when Jessie called so that I can shop for the ingredients needed for the fried Beehon all together:-)

I spent about an hour to complete frying 4 packs of Beehon. It took so long because I could only fry one pack at a time. If I have a bigger wok, I would fried all four at once :-) Anway, I enjoy frying.

However, I must mention that the tedious "slicing" and "chopping" work in preparing the ingredients had been done by my mother-in-law and maid. Certainly, I do not like this type of work. So I must thank for their help.

The Beehon - enough for 40 forty person Zoom in view
Group photo of those who received the baptism and the church committee members. Pastor Lui (next to me, from Hong Kong) conduct the baptism. Lunch was served after the service
My wife and I, together with a few church members went to attend a church one year anniversary thanksgiving service in the afternoon.

The church was planted by a preacher couple one year ago. It was started from “zero” – without any group of existing Christians participating in the church in the beginning.

It needs strong faith in God to plant the church in this manner. It is very tough but God grace is always with them. May God bless their ministry abundantly!

The service start with song presented by children. The preacher couple who planted the church - a couple with a strong faith
A photo of representatives from our church and the preacher couple
The cake
The delicious food after the service - this was our dinner :-)
See you next post :-)

No comments: