Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day +675 : An early Mother’s Day dinner

I am fine today.

Last night, I brought my family to Cheong Wah Seafood Restaurant to celebrate Mother’s Day; two ways ahead of the actual Mother’s Day. The main reason that I brought forward the celebration was to avoid crowd.

Later I found out from one my church members that the restaurant was fully booked on the Mother’s Day. Also, it does not accept any custom ordering on that day except the Mother Day’s set dinner menu which cost about RM380++ per table.

It is by God grace to have two great mothers staying with us; my wife and my mother-in-law. Another great mother that I must mention is my mother. After my father passed away when I was still very young, my mother brought up her nine children alone. Though she is small in size and didn't attend school much, she is a very determinate and clever mother.

May God bless them!

Again, the food :-)

Bean curd The fish
The lemon chicken
"Zhe Jiang" spare ribs(浙江排骨) - recommended! Empty Bao (花卷) to be eaten with the spare rib
Cheese sotong (squid) - very nice!
The vegetable
A group photo after the meal
After the meal, my niece said she liked all the dishes. "Why are you so clever in ordering the dish?" she asked. I also don't know the answer; perhaps it is due to the fact that I am a very gluttonous person :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy mother's day & happy birthday to your whole family.

珍惜今天﹗珍惜眼前人﹗互勉﹗

David said...

Thank you, belovedlulu. Happy Mother's Day to you too. Yes, we have to appreciate what we have especially those who around us. When I was sick, I felt that relationship is more valuable than any many othe things that I pursue :-) May God bless you, always.