Monday, May 12, 2008

Day +677 : What a service! TM Streamyx

I am fine today.

The broadband internet service TM Streamyx at my home became extremely slow on Last Saturday. After some troubleshooting including replacing the router modem and also changing the modem configuration, the problem still persists. The router modem managed to establish a connection to the internet but the connection was so slow that there was no way for me to download even a simple web page :-(

I called the technical support and they promised me to solve the problem by Tuesday – 4 days after the complaint. The support staff said that they will normally fix a technical problem within two days but since Saturday and Sunday are holiday, the technician will only try to solve the problem on Monday.

I have so many important works that need to be completed over the weekend and many of those works required the internet access. I use Google Document and email a lot where I store everything online. I also need to complete a web site over the weekend.

I am very dissatisfied with TM Streamyx service. With this kind of service, there is no way for one to make a living online. The service can be interrupted any time and then they will tell you to wait for two days if you are lucky. But if the problem hits on public holiday, then you need to wait even longer. Without the internet connection, you will be losing lots of opportunity. I have to go back to office to complete my works over the weekend :-(

Another thing that needs to mention is that they still charge you the full monthly fee unashamedly even though the service is down :-( I paid RM88 for the service which is equivalent to RM3 per day. I think I have to be a little bit naughty this time by asking them to deduct off RM12 (4 days) from my bill; else I will bring this matter to Tribunal for Consumer Claims Malaysia :-)

If I don’t know how to win the case, my brother Richard will be my advisor. He is expert in consumer right and many cases he received compensation after filing complaint :-)

Anway, just "say say" only-lah. Most likely no action will be taken :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: