Saturday, October 09, 2010

Day +1556 : The amount is RM7542

I am fine today.

I booked air tickets for the year-end holiday on the 1 September as mentioned in my blog Day +1519 : Year end balik kampong is now confirmed.

My wife and I picked up the travel warrant from Pejabat Pelajaran Daerah Petaling Perdana in Shah Alam yesterday afternoon and then proceeded to MAS office in SkyPark Subang (old subang airport) to settle the payment. So now all the ticket is within our possession.

We are entitled for economic class, under the most expensive and flexible category – MHflex. The return ticket cost RM1428 and RM1080 for adult and children respectively. So the total bill for three adults and three children are RM7542 :-)

The government is helping us a lot and thinking that there are so many government servants and their family members traveling with MAS each year, we can say that government is helping MAS even more.

This is a yearly entitlement. Dividing the total amount by twelve months, the “extra allowance” that my wife gets is RM628.5 per month and this amount is free of tax :-)

If the government gives this amount to us directly, we can in fact bring the whole family to travel oversea with the budget airlines but I don’t think the government will be so flexible in this. Anyway, I am very happy whatever we get now.

I praise God to bless me with such a precious wife who “infected” us with such a good benefit, and I thank God to be alive to enjoy this benefit :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: